25 June, 2007

men one day

We played king of the mountain out on the end
The world come chargin' up the hill, and we were [young boys] and men
Now there's so much that time, time and memory fade away
We got our own roads to ride and chances we gotta take
We stood side by side each one fightin' for the other
We said until we died we'd always be blood brothers

In the early evening light
And the miles we have come
And the battles won and lost
Are just so many roads traveled
So many rivers crossed
And I ask God for the strength
And faith in one another
Cause it's a good night for a ride
Cross this river to the other side
My blood brother
(from revised edition)

But the stars are burnin' bright like some mystery uncovered
I'll keep movin' through the dark with you in my heart
My blood brother

-Bruce Springsteen
www.brucespringsteen.net/songs/BloodBrothers.html

No comments: