05 July, 2007

musical togetherness


father and son, grooving together. or is it just the son who's doing the grooving? who knows? you can't hear that in a photo. of course, we can see him holding his guitar in the wrong hand with the soundhole facing up. we'll work on that. but hey - maybe he's a natural at the Dobro. what it is also evident is that my son enjoys hanging out with me - wanting to do whatever daddy does. i like that. it's precious to me.

i hope he'll follow in my footsteps - some of them anyway. not all of my steps have been helpful or useful. but God is gracious and has ordered so many of them for my good when they should have ended up hurting me. beauty from ashes. my own son is a reminder of that. he's a beautiful little boy and he's been entrusted to me by my own Father. may i not abuse his trust, O God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.